Monday, November 10, 2008

Poster #2: Movie Poster


I am pleased with the outcome of this image, we were supposed to create a movie poster, choosing a word such as an adjective, and expressing the word through the text/and or images used. I chose the word shattered, at first actually making the word look like it was broken, but then changed it to this because it was too much with my final image created. I took two images: one of a woman/mother holding her son/a young child and layered it with shattered glass, changing the opacity quite a bit to 64% and using the vivid light effect on the glass layer. The movie title was placed in the center, using red as the color, since I wanted the movie to be about domestic violence and this woman losing her son because of it. I think the color red shows that the movie would be more violent, even horrific, since red is usually signifying blood, fire or violence. It stands out much more than if I used white or gray considering in my final image there are so many shades of black, gray and white. I didn't think it was appropriate to add more text than the actor's names since there is so much going on in the image making it look too busy or cluttered.

No comments: